The Parliamentary Centre is looking for candidates for the position of Public Financial Management Expert for the EU-funded “European Union Support to the National Assembly of Zambia II” (NAZ II) project. The initiative will contribute to the improvement of accountability, transparency and effectiveness in the management of public resources and increasing domestic revenue mobilization. In particular, NAZ II will enhance the parliamentary budgetary oversight function and public awareness of parliamentary activities and policy debates with the following intended key results:
- The legislative scrutiny of the budget is improved;
- The quality of analysis of the budget by the Parliamentary Budget Office and the technical Committees, and its execution is improved;
- Gender sensitivity of the budget is enhanced;
- Citizens’ awareness of parliamentary activities and policy debates is enhanced.
The location of the assignment will be Lusaka, Zambia, with occasional specific assignments/training activities that may take place out of Lusaka. The intended start date is May 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date. The PMF Expert position is expected to require approximately 450 days’ level of effort over the course of the project (approx. 150 days per year).
Candidates must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
The position is subject to confirmation of project funding.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
Public Financial Management Expert
Qualifications and Skills
- A taught Master’s Degree – or equivalent – in economics, public finance, governance or a relevant, directly related discipline; or, in its absence, a Bachelor’s Degree in economics, public finance, governance or a directly related field plus five (5) years of relevant general professional experience in addition to those set out below – minimum requirement.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English to a C1 level of proficiency – minimum requirement.
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in public financial management – a minimum requirement.
- Previous relevant experience in capacity development, and the preparation and delivery of training curricula in public finance management – minimum requirement.
- Previous relevant experience of budget planning, formulation and execution at sector level – preferred.
- Previous relevant experience in one or more of the following sectors; gender-responsive budgeting, economic and/or financial analysis of agriculture and/or energy policies – preferred.
- Previous experience working with the National Assembly of Zambia and/or other African legislatures: preferred
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18th.