- This event has passed.
Private Support for International Democracy Assistance
March 31 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC-5
Supporting democracy abroad has traditionally been the realm of bilateral and multilateral aid. What role can philanthropy play?
This event will explore how private sector actors contribute to progress in this area. How do democracy programs funded by foundations and other private sector sponsors align with state-supported assistance programs? How does coordination take place? What are the benefits of private sponsors in this field compared to traditional donors?
- Bradford Smith, former CEO, Candid
- Cathie Carrigan, Managing Director of International Programs, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, Indiana University
- Helena Hofbauer, International Program Director, Civic Engagement and Government, Ford Foundation
- Hillary Pearson, Founding President & CEO, Philanthropic Foundations of Canada
- Michael Alberg-Sberich, Managing Director, Wider Sense (formerly Beyond Philanthropy)