MIS (management information systems) analyst
Summer Work Experience Placement
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Dates of Opportunity: Mid-June-Mid-August (8 weeks)
Apply your exceptional IT talents with us! Do you believe that information technology plays a meaningful role through democracy and transparent governance?
Reporting to the Regional Director, Africa and MENA, we are looking for an exceptional, motivated, self-starter student looking for a challenging position, to help the Parliamentary Centre to research and implement the adaptations needed to enable our non-profit organization to address the challenges of remote engagement and learning.
Sounds like you? Then come and join us!
We are starting new and exciting projects that will support the partner parliaments in Africa and in the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) regions and we are looking to implement a distance learning platform and the how-to guidelines. This will involve research into innovative distance learning strategies, the development of online training modules and the use of applications that can support the vital connections between legislators and their constituents.
Some of the work includes a substantial focus on research on potential distance learning platforms, developing comparatives between platforms, accessibility from and within Africa/Canada, easiness to adapt, to create and generate training, maintenance costs and recommending by the end of the work term, the best suitable platform for the project.
Relevant assignments and tasks would include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Identifying optimal operation of digital platforms through a period of rapid change and growth
- Analysis of existing platforms for distance learning
- Define the set-up of the online learning platform, tasks and resources in Moodle (e.g. quizzes, assignments, forums, embed videos)
- Conduct relevant research and formulate a structured process for the implementation of language apps, virtual tutoring, video conferencing tools, or online learning software.
- Provide consultative support services for the optimal use and application of all free open source online learning tools (Learning Management Systems: Moodle, Google Classroom, etc ).
- Create standards, protocols, and training support materials for all online technologies.
- Develop a guideline for the implementation of the online learning solutions.
Location: In light of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, the Research and project support officer will work in a hybrid environment, (home and office-if possible), connecting and collaborating with the Parliamentary Centre team via a shared online working platform including e-mail, video conferencing, collaborative document editing. The Research and project support officer must have their own computer and Internet connection. The Research and project support officer can be located anywhere In Canada. Flexibility in working hours may be needed in light of potential time differences with the Ottawa-based core team.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Enrollment in a college or university program in a related discipline (Adult Education, Organization Development, Educational Technologies, Computer Science, Technology,)
- Experience with learning management system (LMS) administration, Moodle-based online platform/s and other technologies/applications including video conferencing tools such as Adobe Connect., Zoom, and Teams.
- Computer and software skills and have knowledge of multiple web design technologies.
- Have knowledge of basic project management principles.
- Have knowledge of learning principles and instructional design processes and have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in managing data electronically.
- Knowledge of learning principles and instructional design processes.
- Strong communication skills, technical skills and attention-to-detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a team to meet deadlines, prioritise tasks and communicate well with stakeholders.
Apply now by clicking here
No phone calls please.