EVENT – PRESS CONFERENCE
“Democracy under attack — Perspectives from Ukrainian Legislators”
Friday, February 25, 2022, 14:00-15:00 EST
Watch the Recorded Event Here
Ukrainian MPs to speak to Canadian Press at 2:00pm EST
A press conference hosted by the Parliamentary Centre (Canada) in collaboration with the Agency for Legislative Initiatives (Ukraine) will be held today, Friday, February 25, 2022 at 2pm EST. The public is invited to watch via Facebook livestream: https://www.facebook.com/parliamentarycentre
Two senior Ukrainian MPs will speak to the Canadian press about the unprovoked Russian attack on Ukrainian sovereignty and democracy. Speakers are democratically elected members of Ukraine’s parliament, the Verkhovna Rada and leading voices for EuroAtlantic Integration. They will offer their personal perspectives on the attacks happening now and the future of democracy and sovereignty in Ukraine. Speakers will share what they want the world to know about urgent needs to support Ukraine in the dangerous moment in world history since WWII.
The conference will feature Ukrainian MPs:
- Ivanna Klympush Tzindzadze. Chairwoman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Ukraine’s Integration into the European Union. Member of the Parliamentary Faction of the POLITICAL PARTY “EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY”
- Maria Ionova, Chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Legislative Support of the Implementation of the Strategic Course of the State for Full Membership in the EU and NATO enshrined in the Constitution of Ukraine of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Foreign Policy and Interparliamentary Cooperation, Member of the Parliamentary Faction of the POLITICAL PARTY “EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY”
- Yegor Chernev, Deputy Chairman of the Committee, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Digital Economy, Innovative Development and Electronic Business of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Digital Transformation, Member of the Sluha Narodu Faction
- Volodymyr Vyatrovych,Member of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on Humanitarian and Information Policy, Member of the Parliamentary Faction of the POLITICAL PARTY “EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY”
- Yulia Klymenko, First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Transport and Infrastructure, Deputy Chairwoman of the Faction of the Political Party “HOLOS”
- Lesya Vasylenko, Chairman of the Subcommittee on Climate Change and Atmospheric Air Protection of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management, Member of the Faction of the Political Party “HOLOS”
Opening remarks will be from Tom Cormier, President & CEO, Parliamentary Centre and Oleksandr Zaslavskyi, Analytical Director, Agency for Legislative Initiatives.
See press release here